2020 is the year of virtual experiences, so i pulled together a few of my favorites — some i’ve done, and some i haven’t.
- for the reader in your life, Book of the Month is the perfect gift. buy a giftcard for a three-, six-, or 12-month subscription, and the recipient will get to pick a book from a variety of new titles each month. the books are hardback and average out to about $15 per book, which is unheard of. i love my Book of the Month picks and can’t wait to pick out my December book!
- through work, i’ve hosted several virtual charcuterie board creation classes from Alice’s Table. you can participate in a public class or purchase a private class for a group of family or friends! a box of the supplies needed for the class is shipped right to your door, and you can pick from a variety of classes, including charcuterie, wreath making, and flower arranging!
- we’ve purchased meal kits from several different services, but Home Chef is by far our favorite. you can pick from a variety of meals and box sizes, and all of the ingredients are shipped to your door with step-by-step instructions. the cost per meal is about $6.99, which is way cheaper than eating out (which most people aren’t even doing anymore) and is similar to what an average meal cooked at home breaks down to.
- is there a creative person on your list but you’re stumped as to what to get them? this 30-day handlettering class through Creative Bug is just the thing. subscriptions are available on a monthly, unlimited, and yearly basis. if handlettering isn’t their thing, there are hundreds of classes to pick from!
- for the budding bartender, a DIY cocktail club is the perfect gift. each month, they’ll get three recipes that revolve around a different type of liquor and everything they need to make 12 drinks, minus the liquor. now through December 15, the Rums of Origin 3 box is available.
- give the gift of music lessons with Fender Play. this online subscription provides an all-access pass to hundreds of instructor-led song and technique videos. prepaid lesson subscriptions are available in six- and 12-month packages.
- pick up a year-long US National Parks Pass for the outdoorsman (or woman) on your list because getting outside is still important.
this is not a sponsored post, and these are not affiliate links (Book of the Month is a referral link, but no one is paying me for sharing it). all opinions are my own.