the holidays have a bad rap as being wasteful: excess food, used wrapping paper, broken toys, unwanted clothing, etc. but today’s gift guide is all about sustainable gifts you can give to anyone on your list.
1. i have a set of these stainless steel straws and i love them. they’re a great sustainable alternative to paper straws, which tend to fall apart in your drink. i keep one of these in my desk at work, one in my purse, and a few at home for daily use.
2. ok, ok. reusable grocery bags might not be the most traditional gift, but they come in handy. these are super durable, and will last much longer than the free ones your grocery store gave you once upon a time.
3. pick up a pack or two of makeup remover cloths for the beauty guru on your list. they’re perfect for every day use and can replace the disposable cotton pads she might be using.
4. reusable baggies are on my list. they come in several different sizes and are washable, durable, and great for storing food at home or in a lunchbox.
5. a set of reusable flatware is a great stocking stuffer for your family member who takes their lunch every day.
6. i freaking swear by this Contigo travel mug. it seals completely, even if it’s not locked. it also keeps liquids hot or cold for hours, which makes it perfect to take to work.
7. beeswax wrap might be weird to give as a Christmas gift, but your sustainably conscious recipient will definitely appreciate it. you could even gift it with a plate of cookies!
8. drop a few of these dryer balls in everyone’s stocking this year. i love mine, and i feel like they do just as well as dryer sheets at keeping the static out of my clothes.
9. Live Green: 52 Steps for a More Sustainable Life takes the reader through each aspect of their life and gives tips and tricks to be more environmentally friendly.
10. give the gift of cozy with Everlane’s fleece sweatshirt. it’s made from 100% recycled polyester from 32 plastic water bottles, so you can feel good about gifting it.
check in tomorrow for gifts for the sports fan in your life.
this is not a sponsored post, and these are not affiliate links. all opinions are my own.